IMPORTANT: Please read this program membership agreement ("Agreement") carefully before enrolling as a member of the AT&T Refer-A-Friend Program ("Program").
I. Program Overview
- This is an online-only program designed to reward AT&T customers for referring new and existing AT&T customers to qualifying AT&T services. The Program is available via access through the Program website located at:https://referrals.att.com/ (hereinafter "Program Website").
- Participation in the Program and the benefits that are offered to Program members is at the sole discretion of AT&T, and AT&T has the right to change the respective Program Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to Members.
- You must be of legal age (at least 18 years or older) in your respective state to qualify for membership in the Program.
- You must have Internet access and a valid e-mail address to be eligible to receive the privileges and benefits of participation in the Program. AT&T is not responsible for your inability to connect to the Internet or to log into the Program Website.
- Employees of AT&T, its affiliated companies, and its Agents, their subagents, and other distributors of AT&T service are not eligible for participation in the Program.
- The person making the referral is called the "Referrer". As a Referrer, you must have a valid AT&T Wireless account on a rate plan equal to or greater than $9.99 per month and/or be an AT&T residential customer who has one or more of the following AT&T residential services: 1) Wireline Home Phone service; 2) AT&T U-verse (voice, TV, and/or Internet); 3) AT&T High Speed Internet; 4) Digital Life; and/or Postpaid Wireless Home Phone (Voice or Voice + Internet) service to be eligible for participation in the Program.
- The "Referee" is the customer who has been referred through the program. As a Referee, you must purchase/activate a valid AT&T Wireless voice service on a Postpaid rate plan equal to or greater than $39.99 per month and/or one or more of the following AT&T residential services as a result of being referred through the Program: 1) Wireline Home Phone service; 2) AT&T U-verse (voice, TV, and/or Internet); 3) AT&T High Speed Internet; 4) Digital Life on a rate plan equal to or greater than $39.99 per month and/or Wireless Home Phone (Voice or Voice + Internet) service to be eligible for participation in the Program. If you should cease to be an AT&T subscriber or transfer your account to an ineligible product plan, your account in the Program will be subject to cancellation. Existing AT&T customers can only become Referees if they are not already members of the Refer-A-Friend program and are subscribing to at least one of the qualifying services and are referred for and become new customers of at least one other qualifying service. Existing AT&T customers who are upgrading to a new rate plan of their existing service(s) or are resigning/renewing a contract with AT&T do not qualify to be referred as new customers.
- The Program is not open to AT&T subscribers with the following product plans: Prepaid Service (e.g. GOPHONE); service through an AT&T Reseller; and nonrevenue AT&T accounts. Government accounts, Corporations and other business enterprises are not eligible to participate.
- Each Member may maintain only one account in the Program and cannot register other customers on their behalf and manage that participation in the Program. Members may not maintain multiple accounts even if they have multiple e-mail addresses and AT&T accounts. Each registered AT&T account/phone number must have a unique e-mail address. Any duplicate accounts will be subject to cancellation, and any pending Promotion Cards rewards will be forfeited.
- Only new referrals made by registered members of the Program are eligible to earn rewards. This means that for a referral to be eligible to earn rewards: (a) the Referrer must already be a registered member of the Program, or must become one within 7 days of the Referee’s first wireline service purchase or wireless service activation; and (b) the Referee must become a registered member of the Program within fourteen (14) days of the date of their first wireline service purchase or wireless service activation. Referrals made by e-mail and through Social Networking websites are only valid for 90 days. If the intended recipient of a referral has not acted upon the referral by the end of the 90 day period, a new referral must be made.
- A referral is only eligible for a reward if the wireline service purchased or wireless service activated as a result of the referral, was purchased or activated no more than 14 days prior to or within 30 days after the Referee’s date of first purchase/activation and if that service remains active at least 45 days after the purchase or activation date. Referees cannot be referred again after the initial purchase/activation period ends.
- The Referrer and Referee must each have active service at the time of the referral verification in order to qualify for a reward.
- Both the Referrer and the Referee are eligible to earn a reward for all of the Referee’s qualifying wireline services purchased and/or wireless service activated within 30 days of the Referee’s first purchase or activation.
- AT&T may, in its sole discretion, introduce time-limited promotional offers ("Promotion") that enable Program Members to earn additional rewards for the completion of actions that are specified by AT&T.
- Once a Member meets all applicable requirements for a Promotion, the designated number of rewards specified by that Promotion shall be transferred to the Member.
- AT&T is not responsible for changes to, or discontinuance of, any Promotion or for any effect on accrual of rewards caused by changes or discontinuance.
- You will be responsible for any and all tax liability arising out of your accrual or redemption of Promotion Cards.
- You can earn a maximum of twenty-three (23) $25 AT&T Promotion Cards in a calendar year, beginning with the date you were issued your first reward. Referees, who earn their first reward for being referred, are eligible to earn twenty-two (22) additional rewards for referring others in their first calendar year of membership in the Program.
- Be honest and accurate. As part of your participation in the Program, you agree and acknowledge that you are responsible for making truthful and accurate statements about AT&T's products/services in connection with any referrals. If you are unsure about the answer to a question about an AT&T product or service in connection with your referral, refer that person to att.com, customer support, or an AT&T retail store location. Please be aware that per the FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising, you can be held liable for false or misleading statements made in connection with your endorsement or testimonial about an AT&T product/service.
- You must disclose your relationship with AT&T at the outset of any referral communication. This means you must disclose the fact that you are an AT&T customer at the beginning of the conversation with any potential Referee. The disclosure can be as simple as, "I am an AT&T customer and this is my personal opinion." Be sure to clearly and conspicuously make this disclosure.
- Disclose the fact that you may receive an AT&T Promotion Card for a successful referral. You must clearly and conspicuously disclose the fact that you the Referrer and the Referee may each receive a $25 AT&T Promotion Card for a successful referral.
- By agreeing to these Program Terms and Conditions, you are agreeing to abide by these Program Guidelines on Endorsements and Testimonials ("Guidelines"). Failure to abide by these Guidelines can result in immediate termination of your Program membership and forfeiture of any and all AT&T Promotion Cards.
- Upon registration for the Program, you must enter a valid and qualifying AT&T account or phone number, and set your password. In addition, you will establish a secret challenge question and challenge answer. Your e-mail address and password combination will allow you to access your account at the Program website to send referral e-mails, initiate social network referral postings, print referral cards, check account balances, and earn AT&T Promotion Cards for designated AT&T services.
- If you should forget your password, you will be required to correctly answer your challenge question and then you can reset your password.
- You must be logged into the Program website, using your e-mail address and password combination in order to access your account. You may request that AT&T send referral e-mails on your behalf, initiate social network referral postings, print referral cards, check your Promotion Card earning history at any time that you are able to access the Program website.
- AT&T is entitled to act on instructions received under your password. You are responsible for keeping your Program website login credentials, challenge question, challenge answer and other account information confidential. AT&T is not responsible for any account activity performed by third parties that access your account using your password.
- AT&T Promotion Cards can be redeemed for merchandise online at att.com or at any AT&T company owned store. They can also be used towards paying your bill through the online account management service at att.com, by phone or at participating AT&T stores. PLEASE NOTE THAT AT&T PROMOTION CARDS EXPIRE ON THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH THAT IS EMBOSSED ON THE CARD.
- Promotion Cards will be sent to your AT&T billing address. AT&T shall have no liability for misdirected or lost cards due to incorrect billing address associated with the Member's account.
- The actual fulfillment time for Promotion Cards will vary. AT&T may provide an estimated time for reward fulfillment by Suppliers via the Program website for purposes of guidance only. AT&T does not guarantee fulfillment within the estimated time frame.
- Promotion Cards that are held in a Member's Account may not be assigned or transferred to any third party except as expressly permitted in writing by AT&T.
- The sale, barter, assignment, or other disposal of Promotion Cards, other than by AT&T, is expressly prohibited. Promotion Cards do not constitute property, and are not transferable: (i) upon death; (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter; or (iii) otherwise by operation of law.
- Any Promotion Cards assigned, sold, or otherwise transferred in violation of this Agreement may be confiscated or cancelled by AT&T. Any violations of the foregoing restriction are subject to account termination, deduction of Promotion Cards from the Member Account, and/or liability for damages and litigation and transaction costs.
- You authorize AT&T to disclose necessary information that you have provided to third parties, or information that AT&T has obtained about your Account: (i) to agents of AT&T or its affiliates, such as independent auditors, consultants or attorneys; (ii) to comply with government agency or court orders or requests; or (iii) where it is necessary for fulfillment with third party suppliers.
- By entering into this Agreement, you authorize AT&T and its Suppliers to share personal information about you, including but not limited to your e-mail address, full name and address.
- THE PROGRAM IS BEING PROVIDED TO MEMBER "AS IS" WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AT&T EXCLUDES ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED INTO OR INCORPORATED INTO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND TERMS AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND TERMS ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELIED UPON ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR OTHER ASSURANCE GIVEN OR MADE BY OR ON BEHALF OF AT&T PRIOR TO THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU WAIVE ALL REMEDIES WHICH, BUT FOR THIS SECTION IX, MIGHT OTHERWISE BE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN RESPECT OF SUCH REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR OTHER ASSURANCE.
- AT&T DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY OF, OR ACCURACY OF ADVERTISEMENTS FOR, ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED BY OFFER PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PROGRAM. IN ADDITION, ALTHOUGH AT&T INTENDS TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO THE PROGRAM WEB SITE, AT&T DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS SITE IS FREE OF DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS. IN ADDITION, AT&T DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND AT&T ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR ACCESS, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, THIS SITE.
- AT&T SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LOSSES INCURRED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFITS)), HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER ARISING BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) THE PROGRAM; (II) ANY FAILURE, DELAY, OR DECISION BY AT&T IN ADMINISTERING THE PROGRAM; (III) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE; OR (IV) THE PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OF OFFER PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS, EVEN IF AT&T, OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF, ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, CLAIMS, OR LOSSES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
- AT&T reserves the right to terminate the Program at any time without notice. Notification of Program termination may be sent to the e-mail address that has been provided to AT&T during the registration process, or publicized on the Program website. AT&T will not be responsible for failing to notify you of Program termination where such failure is caused by an error in your e-mail program, an inaccurate e-mail address, your failure to check for your e-mail or the Program website, or your failure to update your e-mail address in your Program account.
- AT&T may modify this Agreement from time to time, with or without notice, and your continued participation in the Program after such modification shall be deemed to be your acceptance of any such modification. It is your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions page of the Program website regularly to determine whether this Agreement has been modified. If you do not agree to any modification of this Agreement, you must immediately cease participation in the Program.
Membership in the Program is subject to the Program Terms and Conditions. Any failure to comply with the Program Terms and Conditions, any fraud or abuse relating to the accrual or redemption of $25 AT&T Promotion Cards, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to AT&T or its affiliates by you, or anyone acting on your behalf, may result in the termination of your membership in the Program, cancellation of your Program account and/or forfeiture of your $25 AT&T Promotion Cards. In the event of fraud, misconduct, or suspected fraud or misconduct by you or anyone acting on your behalf or under your password, AT&T reserves the right to suspend access to your account indefinitely pending investigation.XIII. Disputes/Errors
All questions or disputes regarding the Program, including without limitation, questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, or the eligibility of $25 AT&T Promotion Cards for accrual or redemption, must be submitted in writing within 90 days of the qualifying transaction, to AT&T, at an AT&T mailing address. Any such disputes shall be resolved by AT&T at its sole discretion. All interpretations of Program Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of AT&T. In the event that an error is made by AT&T, such error shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement, and your sole remedy shall be the credit of the disputed $25 AT&T Promotion Card.Miscellaneous
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without reference to conflicts of law rules. If any provision of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the other provisions contained herein will remain in full force and effect. The failure by AT&T to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and AT&T with respect to the Program.